Distributed Infrastructure (Re: alpha 3 version of IG charter for review)

Hi Tibor,

> decentralised, peer-to-peer,
> blockchain based Internet-of-Things

The Internet Research Task Force (IRTF) has recently become quite
interested in approaches towards enabling distributed infrastructure in
the Internet.  We had a first side meeting at IETF95, and right now, we
are discussing what a productive focus of work in this space could be.

We are not limiting ourselves to IoT viewpoints here, which is why this
discussion is not happening in the Thing-to-Thing Research Group
(T2TRG).  Instead, we have set up a separate mailing list for this
discussion, which you are welcome to join:

If you have ideas how standards could enable distributed infrastructure
with a view specifically to IoT, T2TRG would be very interested in
hearing about those.  Our next f2f meeting will be at the Berlin IETF
(July 17-22); maybe we can get you interested in presenting a short talk
there?

I'll leave it to the W3C regulars to discuss whether this area of
research should be part of the WoT IG charter -- the IRTF certainly is
interested in collaboration, as well as in taking input for specific
research objectives and opportunities.

Grüße, Carsten