Re: [FYI] WWDC 2016 Apple Homekit

> On 16 Jun 2016, at 05:44, 전종홍 <hollobit@etri.re.kr> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> As you can see from this video clip, Universal User Interface for IoT Application is becoming an important point.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbs6F8ArLX4 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbs6F8ArLX4>
>
> I think we should consider this point that Web of Things as an universal user interface for IoT applications.
>
> This is really important point why we need to use web technology compare with other IoT technologies.
> Base on this UUI side point, we can make many kind of collaborative work with other IoT related SDOs.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> --- Jonathan Jeon

Thanks for the link.

Essentially, to integrate to any existing IoT device, we just need the metadata describing the data and interaction models exposed to applications, the protocols and communication patterns that can be used, and descriptions of the kinds of things are involved and the relationships between them. The thing description could be obtained  from the cloud after having discovered the IoT device. The integration could take place via a home gateway or via the cloud.

I am working on a demonstration of this for TPAC with a gateway that supports a variety of protocols including CoAP, HTTP and WebSockets.  The latter two enable smart phones to provide the human machine interface for a service, using the protocols built into every web browser.  Users will be able to install apps on to the gateway from the websites they are visiting.  In principle, apps could be written in JavaScript (for a NodeJS platform), Java or native code.

We’re already in discussion with Samsung on supporting OCF based devices, and we should further look at doing this with oneM2M, the Bluetooth SIG and so forth.

Best regards,
—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>