W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > July 2016

[wot] minutes - 27 July 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 22:45:52 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9UoWfGW4t47nOM_8WkTm3MqLT+16c-T1wdAAuMriW29Lw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/07/27-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking notes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                 WoT IG

27 Jul 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_27_July_2016

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/07/27-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz, Dave, Michael, Bowen, Daniel, Masato, Matthias,
          Johannes, Sebastian, Taki, Nan, Ryuichi, Katsuyoshi,
          Wonsuk, Yingying

   Regrets
   Chair
          Matthias

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Quick Updates
         2. [6]WG Charter
         3. [7]Beijing Recap
         4. [8]PlugFest Test Case Reports
         5. [9]IG Deliverables
         6. [10]TPAC@Lisbon
         7. [11]group discussion: ask participants to share
            information/slides which are presented @ conferences,
            etc
         8. [12]AOB
         9. [13]Next WebConf call
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     * [15]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: dape

   <scribe> scribeNick: DP

   <kaz> scribenick: dape

Quick Updates

   MK: asked Scott Jenson to join
   ... he can join already next week (last half an hour)

   DR: restarting the group was approved by W3C

   MK: Any changes we have to think of?

   DR: no changes

WG Charter

   <kaz> [16]WG charter

     [16] http://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-wg-2016.html

   MK: beginning of week I incorporated remaining issues
   ... no open issues on github
   ... should we ask for the resolution now?

   DR: Can share some procedure points

   <mkovatsc>
   [17]http://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-wg-2016.html

     [17] http://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-wg-2016.html

   DR: W3C management might require some changes (eg. relation to
   other groups)

   <mkovatsc> "wide range of scales from microcontrollers to
   cloud-based server farms"

   DR: will let you know if this happens

   MK: Last week Frank discussed microcontroller requirements
   ... charter states this already
   ... do we need more discussion on this?

   DR: Not sure about Franks proposal

   MK: Frank reported that we should put more focus on
   microcontroller requirements

   <kaz> [ the current draft charter says "Servers can be provided
   at a wide range of scales from microcontrollers to cloud-based
   server farms." ]

   MK: I think we have already a statement there which should be
   sufficient

   DR: I agree with sticking to what we have

   Kaz: Yes, it is already mentioned in the charter

   MK: the technical level should not be covered in the charter

   JH: writing minimum footprint in charter is not sensible.
   Charter is more about goal setting... supporting also
   microcontrollers
   ... would see this is covered in current charter

   SK: Frank presented slides about microcontroller market (8 bit
   microcontroller et cetera)
   ... he was concerned that we don't address this properly
   ... I think W3C standardization does not propose a technical
   solutions
   ... there will be optimized libraries for microcontrollers

   MK: Frank is not here.... do not hear concern... looks like
   people are happy with charter as is...
   ... microcontrollers are definitely in scope
   ... Do you agree that charter is ready for AC review?

   All: no objections

   RESOLUTION: IG believes current WG charter is ready for AC
   review

Beijing Recap

   <kaz> [18]Beijing minutes

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2016/07/13-14-wot-minutes.html

   MK: Last time issues with action items

   Kaz: Should be fixed now
   ... please look at minutes which can be found at
   [19]https://www.w3.org/2016/07/13-14-wot-minutes.html
   ... right in the beginning you will find action itmes

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2016/07/13-14-wot-minutes.html

   Kaz goes over action items

   <yingying_>
   [20]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-ig/2016Jul/
   0006.html

     [20]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-ig/2016Jul/0006.html

   YY: we would like to have a joint oneM2M meeting
   ... we need to agree on date
   ... the proposed dates are: Aug 31 or Sep 7.
   ... suggest to have dedicated meeting

   MK: Extra slot before or after normal call?

   YY: We can decide... just the days were proposed

   MK: for me Aug 31 would work

   JH: Could setup a poll (doodle) ?

   Kaz: yes, can use doodle
   ... can setup doodle, before and after slot
   ... talked to SCXML editor
   ... can join our call (about 10 minutes talk)
   ... next week?

   MK: in the beginning would be ok?

   SK: action of (Dave and Sebastian) to investigate on the
   Optimized JSON Schema no progress yet

   MK: can plugin updates to proposal folder on github

   SK: can share some updates within 2-3 weeks

   DP: Did send email about " to check directly with the
   implementers and see who have participated in the PlugFests so
   far"
   ... got feedback: online plugfest would be good!

   MK: propose to extend template by Taki to know what people
   would have available...

   <mkovatsc>
   [21]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFests_-_Template_for_Plu
   gFest_description

     [21]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFests_-_Template_for_PlugFest_description

   Kaz: action by Taki "to generate a template of PlugFest
   description" is done?

   MK: Yes... first draft

   TK: there are 2 descriptions
   ... first we need collection unit description
   ... as part of this (picture, hardware, platform, WoT
   functions, ..)
   ... every participant describes the "Unit Description" part
   ... second we have scenario description
   ... think we had 3 scenarios... by linking to unit description
   ... that is a first proposal for the template

   MK: Thanks!
   ... propose to de-couple unit from scenario description

   TK: Agree

   MK: Do you as participant miss anything? can you fill this out?

   SK: looks good to me

   JH: Yes, ok

   MK: picture could be also logo
   ... change "Description of what the scripts does" to
   application logic ... without scripting

   TK: good point...

   MK: I am editing the page

   DP: split Unit and Scenario description... two pages?

   <kaz> ACTION: sebastian to take care of the scenario
   description [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2016/07/27-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2016/07/27-wot-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> 'sebastian' is an ambiguous username. Please try a
   different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g.,
   sha, skbisch).

   MK: propose individuals provide unit description... and one
   builds the scenario description

   SK: can take care of Scenario description

   Kaz: format or style... do we use wiki?

   MK: seemed convenient... might work in future on a better
   visualization
   ... should start working on PlugFest templates soon..

PlugFest Test Case Reports

   <mkovatsc>
   [23]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2016-beijin
   g/TestCaseCoverage.xlsx?raw=true

     [23]
https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2016-beijing/TestCaseCoverage.xlsx?raw=true

   MK: please fill out PlugFest Test Case Reports soon
   ... send to mailing list or directly to me
   ... any remaining issues from Beijing?

   DR: We should work on blog post

   MK: DP started working on it

   DR: timeline?

   MK: planned for end of week
   ... Dave, would you be interested in supporting

   DR: Yes, but will be busy next days

   MK: Test wordpress draft or as fallback Google doc

IG Deliverables

   <kaz> [24]roadmap

     [24] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Roadmap

   MK: planned releases
   ... please have a look again..
   ... raise concerns/issues

   <kaz> [25]use cases and requirements

     [25] http://w3c.github.io/wot/wot-ucr.html

   MK: assigned editors... use-cases and requirements (Johannes)

   JH: last addition was month ago..
   ... don't think there are any additions
   ... any contributor?
   ... propose publishing

   MK: Kaz can you check with Johannes about style and such

   Kaz: yes

   MK: new use-cases will lead updated versions... no final
   document

   <kaz> [26]tech landscape

     [26] https://w3c.github.io/wot/landscape.html

   MK: next document is tech-landscape from Soumya
   ... Soumya was hard to grasp recently
   ... anyone talked to him?

   (none)

   MK: Someone volunteering to finish up the document?

   Kaz: will contact Soumya first

   MK: Yes, will also reach out on mailing list for another
   editor...

   <kaz> [27]architecture

     [27] http://w3c.github.io/wot/architecture/wot-architecture.html

   MK: architecture document is very active.. which is very good
   ... have one comment.. will send in PR

   <kaz> [28]current practices

     [28] http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html

   MK: current practices can be frozen..

   <mkovatsc> trying to fix audio

   MK: Beijing release is frozen..
   ... it is a living document tough

   Kaz: can publish IG notes every 3 months

   MK: Okay.. will publish Beijing version and start working on
   Lisbon

   Kaz: once draft documents are fixed, we will talk about
   publication again, right?

   MK: will try to fix the document by next week

   JH: should be able to do the same

TPAC@Lisbon

   MK: Will be a Demo room available on Wednesday?

   Kaz: talked to planning team
   ... wondering about size of room
   ... bigger rooms are already booked

   MK: Mhh, nots ure

   Kaz: mid-size room in Beijing?

   MK: even smaller is OK..

   Kaz: 20 people room?

   MK: sounds good to me

   Kaz: difficult to get dedicated room for demo preparation for
   whole week

   MK: Early the day or the day before might be also ok

   Kaz: let's have more internal discussions before contacting
   TPAC team again

   MK: PlugFest: task overview of the participants?

   DP: think it was about "how" to introduce the demo

   MK: When do participants plan to work on Plugfest?

   Naka: started to work on explanation

   DP: should we have a test-run before TPAC?

   MK: Yes, if possible

group discussion: ask participants to share information/slides which
are presented @ conferences, etc

   MK: I added "getting started" on github
   ... can create "infomaterial" folder?
   ... who else has material?

   DR: I have some and linked them from our page

   DP: move everything to this folder?

   DR: Page with links fine also

   MK: Having a pool for figures... editable PPTs et cetera would
   be good instead of fixed PDFs

   Kaz: shall we create wiki page for this purpose

   MK: versioning might be good
   ... will create "material" folder on github
   ... everyone is asked to support and share

AOB

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to remind all of the TPAC registration
   :)

   <kaz> [29]TPAC registration site

     [29] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2016/?login

   Kaz: I would like remind you to register for TPAC

   DR: Can you send email?

   Kaz: will do

   <yingying_> [30]flyer creation timeline

     [30]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-comms/2016Jul/0004.html

   YY: one point about flyers
   ... very limited time

   MK: Can you send draft top mailinglist

   YY: Dave wanted to review it first?

   DR: Suggest share pointer now,

   [31]https://www.w3.org/Member/wiki/WoT/Flyers

     [31] https://www.w3.org/Member/wiki/WoT/Flyers

   YY: will send email also

   MK: no real flyer yet

   YY: Yes, just content for now
   ... Karen's feedback and layout next
   ... printing and shipping is costly

   DP: printing in Europe might be another choice

   MK: Was there a deadline?

   YY: yes, 2 weeks

Next WebConf call

   MK: state chart xml intro
   ... Scott Jenson

   DP: resolution of publishing documents could be another topic

   MK: Yes

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: sebastian to take care of the scenario
   description [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2016/07/27-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2016/07/27-wot-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [33]IG believes current WG charter is ready for AC review

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [34]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([35]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/07/27 13:40:50 $

     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 27 July 2016 13:47:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 27 July 2016 13:47:10 UTC