RESTful Notification

From: Michael Koster <michael.koster@smartthings.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 17:03:09 -0700
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-web-of-things <public-web-of-things@w3.org>
Hi,

Here are a few diagrams (also attached) to describe a RESTful Notification design pattern, which is similar to "subscriptions" as currently described.

This builds on existing mechanisms for asynchronous state change notification using CoAP Observe, HTTP EventSource, and MQTT Subscribe

I have also added a design pattern for long-living events that builds on the basic pattern.

https://github.com/connectIOT/iotivity-servient/blob/master/docs/RESTful%20Notification.pdf <https://github.com/connectIOT/iotivity-servient/blob/master/docs/RESTful%20Notification.pdf>

This includes examples based on hypermedia controls, but I propose it as a transfer layer pattern for explicit binding to WoT Subscriptions and Events.

Best regards,

Michael

PS How would I join for remote participation?