Device Discovery and Telehash

From: Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko.draskovic@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 16:46:28 +0100
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Hi Dave,
I was wondering what is the IoT framework approach towards device discovery?

Iotivity and AllJoyn approach this problem, but are closed standards.
Do we have open technologies that we can use in decentralized manner
for WOT Framework?

One new interesting p2p protocol is Telehash: http://telehash.org/,
specified by Jeremie Miller (XMPP creator - and we all know how much
industry loves XMPP for NAT traversals ;)). This protocol is based on
Bitcoin Blockchain for encryption (and some king od DNS resolution
(https://github.com/telehash/blockname), and I guess it can be used
for decentralized device discovery.

BR,
Drasko