W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > December 2016

[wot] minutes - 21 December 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 23:27:11 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WDAkuCan+HPqPC8FnJHFH4MG+r4HLSrankaCwZrGaOzA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                            Web of Things IG

21 Dec 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_21_December_2016

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Koster, Kirby_Shabaga,
          Masato_Ohura, Ryan_Ware, Yun_Li, Daniel_Peintner,
          Takuki_Kamiya, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_McCool,
          Kazuo_Kajimoto, Yingying_Chen, Darko_Anicic,
          Sebatian_Kaebisch, DarkoAnicic, Uday_Davuluru,
          Feng_Zhang, Keiichi_Tokuyama, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Tian,
          Johannes_Hund, C_Ma, Nan_Wang, Liu_Peiyun,
          Takeshi_Yamada, Yonging_Zhang, Kazuaki_Nimura

   Regrets
   Chair
          Matthias

   Scribe
          mkoster

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Agenda
         2. [6]f2f logistics
         3. [7]ocf liaison
         4. [8]current practices document
         5. [9]Security
         6. [10]AOB
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: mkoster

Agenda

   rrware has update on plugfest

   mccool has update on liaison with OCF

   <mkovatsc>
   [13]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_Wo
   T_IG_WebConf:_21_December_2016

     [13]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_21_December_2016

f2f logistics

   <kaz> [14]f2f wiki

     [14]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_USA,_Santa_Clara#Venue.2FDate

   <kaz> [15]Ryan's message

     [15]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2016Dec/0038.html

   rrware: for hotel please email per rrware email above
   ... what are networking requirements?

   <kaz> [16]PlugFest template

     [16]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFests_-_Template_for_PlugFest_description

   mkovatc: wired ethernet uplink without special authentication

   rrwware: large room 65 people, 10 person conference room, 10
   person meeting space in the restaurant

   rrware: for invitation letter contact Cindy per rrware's note

   <rrware> cindy.a.sirianni@intel.com

   Kaz: will set up a questionnaire for participation

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to set up a questionnaire for Santa Clara f2f
   [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-82 - Set up a questionnaire for santa
   clara f2f [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2016-12-28].

   <rrware>
   [18]http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/the-plaza-suites.html

     [18] http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/the-plaza-suites.html

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask about the registration WBS

   mkovatsc: who will do tech support?

   rrware: there will be hotel IT support
   ... could also ask for local help

   mccool: mainly network setup troubleshooting

   mkovatsc: requirements for plugfest scenarios? sebastian is
   coordinating

   rrware: can contact rrware also for help

   mkovatsc: please populate the plugfest wiki
   ... at least put in your name if you plan to join for now

   <mkovatsc>
   [19]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_
   USA,_Santa_Clara#PlugFest

     [19]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_USA,_Santa_Clara#PlugFest

   <kaz>
   [20]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_
   USA,_Santa_Clara#Venue.2FDate

     [20]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_USA,_Santa_Clara#Venue.2FDate

ocf liaison

   mccool: sharing screen

   <kaz> [21]Comm call minutes

     [21] https://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-comm-minutes.html

   <kaz> [22]Liaison wiki

     [22]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Tracking_and_collaborating_with_IoT_industry_alliances_and_standards_development_organizations

   <kaz> [23]OCF Liaison TF Charter draft

     [23]
https://github.com/mmccool/wot/blob/a9e934e52b2296a1088a82eb25ac27c1ca33864b/proposals/liaison-ocf/charter.md

   mccool: wrote down some items and created a first draft charter
   ... people who are members of both groups to join, JST 11:00
   Friday meeting
   ... layering on top of OCF and exposing OCF facilities using
   WoT
   ... interoperability between OCF things and other WoT things
   ... does a task force structure make sense for this, also in
   the context of IP
   ... another goal is have access to OCF roadmap for alignment
   ... another topic of interest is semantic web integration
   ... what are the use cases that define semantic web integration
   and application to WoT?
   ... asking for feedback on the right approach to handle
   semantic web integration with WoT?
   ... strawman charter for a semantic web task force

   jhund: current work in TD does cover some of this, for example
   linking

   mkovatsc: is it more about tooling around reasoning and
   validation?

   mccool: clearly state the value of semantic web integration,
   what is it good for?
   ... also use cases
   ... attend next TD meeting and discuss

   mkovatsc: discuss the scope of semantic web work; there is a
   lot connected to this

   darko: some use case around discovery and tools for this are
   available
   ... for reasoning and higher level tools it may be out of
   scope, focus more on interoperability

   jhund: discuss more in the next IG meeting

   mkovatsc: need to focus on plugfest in the near future

   dape: how would the IP access work?

   mccool: the committee could keep it private, or the work could
   be based on public documents
   ... the public standard from OCF may be 6 months behind the
   internal work

   kaz: we may be able to use a public process for most of the
   work

current practices document

   mkovatsc: document is updated, should we keep it open for
   updates from scripting API?

   jhund: 2 major items in discussion; event handling in the
   framework and proposal on resource level API
   ... need more discussion in this or scripting API meeting

   mkovatsc: what is going into this next plugfest?
   ... it could be done as a technology demo for February

   jhund: can work offline to see if it makes sense to include the
   new stuff

   mkovatsc: try to resolve this by Friday
   ... mark it experimental/tech demo or integrate it into the
   mainstream
   ... to know whether to keep the document open or make more
   changes
   ... the question is do we want to keep it as is now, or add the
   new stuff (asap)

Security

   mkovatsc: for security, there is a similar question, are we
   going to use the JWT scheme we already describe? what do we
   require?
   ... AOB?

AOB

   kaz: will send another reminder on WG chairs call on Friday,
   also need to make a home page for the WG

   mkovatsc: can adapt the IG content and repository to get the
   home page going quickly

   yongjing: how can we publish the oneM2M liaison information to
   the group?

   kaz: will chat with the W3C Liaison Team first, and then can
   update the WoT Liaison wiki. Also could make a github repo if
   needed. will discuss with both the WG co-Chairs and the IG
   co-Chairs

   yongjing: is the F2F agenda decided yet, need details for
   planning purposes

   mkovatsc: let us know the constraints and we can take into
   account
   ... do some outreach in the bay area locally, e.g. Google and
   invite to open day
   ... AOB?
   ... next call on 1/11
   ... adjourned

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to send out a reminder to the WG co-Chairs
   about the planning call and the WG page [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-minutes.html#action02]

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-83 - Send out a reminder to the wg
   co-chairs about the planning call and the wg page [on Kazuyuki
   Ashimura - due 2016-12-28].

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to talk with the W3C Liaison Team about the
   oneM2M liaison and send the liaison letter to the group (also
   talk with the IG/WG co-Chairs about how to manage the liaison
   history) [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-minutes.html#action03]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-84 - Talk with the w3c liaison team
   about the onem2m liaison and send the liaison letter to the
   group (also talk with the ig/wg co-chairs about how to manage
   the liaison history) [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2016-12-28].

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to send out a reminder to the WG co-Chairs
   about the planning call and the WG page [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to set up a questionnaire for Santa Clara f2f
   [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to talk with the W3C Liaison Team about the
   oneM2M liaison and send the liaison letter to the group (also
   talk with the IG/WG co-Chairs about how to manage the liaison
   history) [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-minutes.html#action03]

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-minutes.html#action02
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-minutes.html#action01
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/21-wot-minutes.html#action03

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [29]scribe.perl version
    1.148 ([30]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/12/21 14:22:50 $

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 21 December 2016 14:28:34 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 21 December 2016 14:28:35 UTC