From: Kis, Zoltan [mailto:zoltan.kis@intel.com]
Sent: Friday, December 9, 2016 00:21
To: Kovatsch, Matthias <matthias.kovatsch@siemens.com>
Cc: dsr@w3.org; public-wot-ig@w3.org; dom@evrythng.com
Subject: Re: [Charter]: include both Scripting and REST API

Hi Matthias,

I agree with all your points, but I don't see how do they relate to this discussion.
We need to specify _how_ are we using REST for our use cases.
That work is better carried out in the WoT WG.
I don't understand what is not clear about the request.
Also, the proposal @domguinard mentioned defines the context quite well:
https://www.w3.org/Submission/2015/SUBM-wot-model-20150824/

I try to understand/reformulate your concern: are you saying WoT does not need to standardize any REST API at all, _because_ a Scripting API is a better abstraction?

If that is the concern, then we have a divergent view on this in the group. Some members say REST API is enough and they are not even interested in Scripting API, some say Scripting API is enough and let's not do REST at all, some (like me) say we need both.

What about letting people choose what they need? Is it a problem if the WG would be working on both a REST and a Scripting API?
Best regards,
Zoltan