W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > December 2016

[wot] minutes - 7 December 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 06:13:29 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9UX8OM6q73=gbChg60JJSRsc6=gY44tqvh-dTx+n4chTw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/12/07-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Victor!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT IG Meeting

07 Dec 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_7_December_2016

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/07-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Uday_Davluru,
          Victor_Charpenay, Dave_Raggett, Feng_Zhang,
          Kirby_Shabaga, Matthias_Kovatsch, Takuki_Kamiya,
          Johannes_Hund, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Michael_Koster,
          Katsuyoshi_Naka, Masato_Ohura, Frank_Reusch,
          Takeshi_Yamada, Yingying_Chen

   Regrets
   Chair
          Matthias_Kovatsch

   Scribe
          victor

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]AC Review
         2. [6]F2F Logistics
         3. [7]oneM2M liaison
         4. [8]OCF liaison
         5. [9]Translating TD into RDF
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: victor

AC Review

   MMC: new PR to add more collaborations

   assume this can be closed next week

   One review was "don't remove the APA reference"

   Kaz: APA = Accessible Platform Arch.

   <mkovatsc> ?q

   Link to the most recent version of the charter to be sent

   Kaz: Wendy has a meeting today with the W3C Managment, results
   will be sent over soon

F2F Logistics

   MMC: still waiting for a response on the budget. The person
   responsible has just come back from vacation. Hope to have a
   response this week

   <mkovatsc>
   [12]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_
   USA,_Santa_Clara

     [12]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_USA,_Santa_Clara

   MMC: 13k budget in total, MK, could you investigate in
   parallel?

   MK: OK

   Matthias: finding a hotel in this area is hard. Reserving early
   is good for attendees

   MMC: maybe do a reservation with an option to cancel it later?

   Kaz: clarify the dates before? What happens on Sunday?

   MMC: Let's be conservative, let's say 15k (to reserve half a
   day extra)

   Matthias: I've just updated the wiki to add info about housing

oneM2M liaison

   MMC: apparently there is a meeting this week, which is why
   Yongjing is not here this week. Shift this point to next week

OCF liaison

   MMC: we'll create a liaison committee. Discussed with OCF
   lawyers about that. This will be chartered.

   Members: Yongjing, Michael (Koster), Michael (McCool), Jonathan
   Jeon.

Translating TD into RDF

   Dave: I've been doing some work on NodeJS (shows screen)

   link sent to the mailing-list

   <kaz> [13]Dave's demo

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/demos/td2ttl/

   includes examples of things like water tank or ECG

   it also shows compound (nested) properties

   example of real-world running web service: airport status
   (provided by FAA)

   URI is a template

   Sebastian: can you show us the context file?

   what do Web developers have to do?

   Dave: nothing particular, depending on what they want to do
   with the RDF data

   Matthias: the structure of the JSON seems to be changing across
   examples

   Dave: it is syntactic shortening mostly

   and the rest, e.g. "source": "some URI" in the ECG+A example

   depends on the semantics of the meta-data. Here, source is
   expected to be a URI (by clients aware of it)

   Matthias: a summary of the overall model used in this proposal?

   Dave: part of the answer is in the rest of my demo (follows
   after this question round)

   (Dave shows the source code of the application )

   MMC: The JSON-LD was generated automatically or written by
   hand?

   Dave: generated

   <mjkoster> dropping of now, thanks!

   MMC: a generic demo where RDF data is generated for any TD
   (given as input) would be good

   so that we understand the rules that apply to turn TDs into RDF

   Sebastian: remark: TD should be platform/language-agnostic
   (shows a slide presented this morning in the TD telco)

   <kaz> [14]Sebastian's slides

     [14]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2016Dec/att-0013/WoT_TD_basic_assumption.pdf

   Dave: here it is more about choosing JSON or JSON-LD.

   <dsr> No, I believe that Web developers will prefer a simple
   JSON based represention, but I agree that there could be
   multiple serializations

   Matthias: maybe, another way to look at the question is to say
   that Dave is trying to provide a "debug" view of a TD, similar
   to what CBOR does

   what we maybe need is a more abstract view, a diagram with
   boxes and arrows to understand what the model you are using is.

   victor: Suggested improvements: comply to N-Triples syntax (add
   brackets and quotes) and use the exact context so that
   deserializing the JSON-LD version would lead to the exact same
   triples as the N-Triples version

   The JSON version and the JSON-LD version look almost the same.
   It would be a pity if they required two separate
   recommendations for RDF deserialization. If Dave is about to
   provide more explanations on his model, it would be good that
   he indicates the common parts with JSON-LD processing.

   scribenick: kaz

   <kaz> [15]WoT Servient architecture

     [15]
http://w3c.github.io/wot/architecture/wot-architecture.html#general-description-of-wot-servient

   kaz: not sure what Dave wants to do here and would like to know
   which module in the WoT Servient architecture should be updated

   or do you want to restart TD discussion based on RDF?

   scribenick: victor

   Matthias: at last TPAC, the conclusion was that we should have
   this discussion at a high-level, on diagrams instead of on JSON
   examples

   scribenick: kaz

   dsr: tool for drawing diagrams?

   scribenick: victor

   Matthias: a proposal was to use PlantUML

   Turtle was also proposed, we could use then tools to generate a
   graphical representation of the model

   Matthias: next topic was TD update. Shift to next week.

   Kaz: update on security? ok to invite people outside of the WoT
   IG, e.g., Automotive?

   MMC: OK. still looking for people. On-going

   <kaz> [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [16]scribe.perl version
    1.148 ([17]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/12/07 20:59:11 $

     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 7 December 2016 21:14:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 December 2016 21:14:52 UTC