Re: Blockchains and the Web of Things?

Hello Tibor,

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 10:11 PM, Tibor Pardi <tibor@zovolt.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave
>
> Based on our work in the https://github.com/w3c/web-of-things-framework and
> using the WoT elements of it, I have created a blockhain based,
> decentralised, peer to peer IoT system. The application name is Streembit
> and I released the source code earlier this week at
> https://github.com/streembit/Streembit. I have published a white paper at
> http://streembit.github.io/downloads/streembit_whitepaper_v101.pdf as well
> as I try to explain in a blog at
> http://streembit.github.io/2016-03-02-Internet-of-Things how decentralised
> ledger concept i.e. blockhains and distributed hash tables (DHT) is relevant
> to IoT, how decentralised, blockchain based, peer to peer systems manage
> device discovery, and address the scalability and high availability business
> requirements. As you mentioned it in your message, I would think the
> authentication, access control and device discovery are the most relevant
> areas.

I have several questions regarding this Blockchain approach:

1) In blockchain security depends on computing nodes to calculate the
blocks. How do you solve this problem with low-power devices - i.e.
who is calculating the blocks? Is it maybe gateway? I am asking this
because whoever can have big processing power on the network can take
over the whole network.

2) Did you try to leverage existing Blockchains - Bitcoin or Ethereum
ones? I am asking this because I suppose that these networks are now
practically impossible to take over.

3) Did you examine Hyperledger project for the possible use of their
Fabric blockchain?

BR,
Drasko