Von: Steve Liang [liangs@ucalgary.ca]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. August 2016 00:02
An: bergi; Peintner, Daniel (ext) (CT RDA NEC EMB-DE)
Cc: Hydra; public-wot-ig@w3.org; public-web-of-things@w3.org
Betreff: Re: Call for WoT Implementations

Hi all,

Today OGC adopts the OGC SensorThings API Part I:Sensing standard.

http://www.opengeospatial.org/pressroom/pressreleases/2456

- Software / Project Name: OGC SensorThings API Part I:Sensing
- Platform, Language: RESTful API
- License: open standard (license on first page of the standard: http://docs.opengeospatial.org/is/15-078r6/15-078r6.html)
- Concise, short maturity-level statement: Mature. There are more than five independent server implementation of the standard, and more than 10 client implementations for various platforms, such as Java, iOS, Android, Android Wear, .NET, Go, Javascript, Ruby-on-Rail, Python, etc. There is also an Eclipse Foundation project, Whiskers, to implement the standard. Multiple governmental agencies around the world is developing pilots to test the maturity of the OGC SensorThings standard. For example, the Department of Homeland Security in US is testing it for the next generation first responder initiative.

More information is available on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SensorThings_API

SensorThings API - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SensorThings_API>
en.wikipedia.org
SensorThings API is an Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standard providing an open and unified framework to interconnect IoT sensing devices, data, and applications ...

Cheers,
Steve