Re: Blockchains and the Web of Things?

Hi Dave

Based on our work in the https://github.com/w3c/web-of-things-framework and
using the WoT elements of it, I have created a blockhain based,
decentralised, peer to peer IoT system. The application name is Streembit
and I released the source code earlier this week at
https://github.com/streembit/Streembit. I have published a white paper at
http://streembit.github.io/downloads/streembit_whitepaper_v101.pdf as well
as I try to explain in a blog at
http://streembit.github.io/2016-03-02-Internet-of-Things how decentralised
ledger concept i.e. blockhains and distributed hash tables (DHT) is
relevant to IoT, how decentralised, blockchain based, peer to peer systems
manage device discovery, and address the scalability and high availability
business requirements. As you mentioned it in your message, I would think
the authentication, access control and device discovery are the most
relevant areas.

For those who are interested in such decentralised, peer to peer IoT
applications, now I am working on a Raspberry Pi + DS18B20 temperature
sensor  binding for Streembit and WoT. I almost completed this tutorial,
reference design and aim to release it this weekend. The source code is at
https://github.com/streembit/streembit-pi and
https://github.com/streembit/streembit-pi/blob/master/readme_ds18b20.md. I
will also create a pull request for this at
https://github.com/w3c/web-of-things-framework and will discuss with you
what should we integrate/adopt into the web-of-things-framework from my
Streembit work.

Regards,
Tibor