From: Dave Raggett [mailto:dsr@w3.org]
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2015 6:17 AM
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
Subject: One week Call for comments: Draft collaboration text with oneM2M

Following the informal agreement between W3C and the IIC, the W3C staff have been discussing ideas for an informal agreement with OneM2M. Please find below the text proposed by Omar Elloumi for the agreement.  This is a one week call for comments on the text of the agreement as Omar and I would like to sign off on the agreement swiftly.

Note that I have accepted an invitation to talk about the W3C work in the December workshop on M2M hosted by ETSI.  We have had some preliminary presentation of M2M work in the Interest Group, and can look forward to more details in a future presentation on behalf of oneM2M.

Scope of the collaboration:
    •  IoT archiecture and protocol (interoperation between M2M/IoT and web semantics)
Method of work:
    •  oneM2M (MAS WG) to present its work on semantic interop. to W3C Web of Things WG and get feedback
    •  oneM2M to provide its use cases for consideration by the W3C Web of Things working group
    •  W3C to present its work on Web of Things to oneM2M
    •  W3C to keep oneM2M updated about the progress of their work on Web of Things (e.g. semantic support for constrained devices)
    •  Other methods of works may be developed as we progress (incremental process)
Boundaries: No IPR licensing or confidentiality agreement will be provided. Instead, consultation will be established.
Deliverables: Each organization to publish its own deliverables (no common deliverable currently planned)
Communications: Both organizations to list each other on their respective web pages (when applicable), and to identify opportunities for joint press releases when we have an appropriate story to tell.
Timeline of expected results: may influence R2, more impact expected for R3
oneM2M involved WG: MAS (primary), SEC, PRO

Many thanks,

—

   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org> >