From: <Heuer>, Joerg <Joerg.Heuer@siemens.com<mailto:Joerg.Heuer@siemens.com>>
Date: Saturday, 7 March 2015 11:05
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org<mailto:public-wot-ig@w3.org>>
Cc: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org<mailto:dsr@w3.org>>, 전종홍 <hollobit@etri.re.kr<mailto:hollobit@etri.re.kr>>
Subject: [use cases] organisation of use case contributions [was: rough taxonomy]

Reviewing the Taxonomy I was wondering if it can help us to organize the work and the contributions in the group.

Some thoughts:

·         According to the chartered goals of the IG, the work on the compilation of the technology landscape / survey and the derived findings are quite important.

·         To have a common ground for this discussion we need a collection of a use case collection spread across the domains on which we want to focus on

·         To have sufficient time to discuss the technology survey we should have a first use case compilation by end of April

Along this thoughts what would be reasonable to organize the use case work in the next 4 weeks?
Can I ask every participant in the group to volunteer for one use case and contribute it to the list within the next two weeks?

Proposed approach:
To also achieve a use case compilation across application domains please sent a note by adding an entry in the list below

a)      what use case you pick and

b)      in what class according to the taxonomy it falls.
To spread the use cases across the domains in a first run could you on a first come basis check if there is already a volunteer in that particular application domain category (see taxonomy in [1]) in the list below.

Find a start of the mentioned list below. Please comment.

Volunteer                           Use Case Title                                                  UC Category
Dave                     Smart control of washing machine          smart home / home automation / deferred operation
Joerg                    EV Charging                                                      smart cities / smart grid / advanced distribution / devices adapt supply

[1] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Use_cases_across_application_domains