[TF-DI] web of things discovery

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 18:02:18 +0100
Cc: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
To: Soumya Kanti Datta <Soumya-Kanti.Datta@eurecom.fr>
Hi Soumya,

I’ve added a subsection on simplifying discovery to the wiki page at:

   https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Discovery_TF#Simplifying_Discovery <https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Discovery_TF#Simplifying_Discovery>

This is becoming an increasingly important requirement for the implementation work on web of thing servers, where I would like to include an API for discovery, along with an integrated discovery agent that can support multiple techniques for discovering things under the control of a policy file of some kind.  This agent could talk to other agents to expand its effectiveness. The aim is to simplify discovery for regular script writers by handing the difficult work over to system programmers and a distributed network of discovery agents.  Discovery is tightly coupled to privacy, authentication and access control.

Progress will be dependent on identifying a range of informative use cases, so this is where we need to invite help from the Interest Group and beyond.

—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>