Von: Maxim Kolchin [mailto:kolchinmax@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 1. Juli 2015 02:29
An: Kaebisch, Sebastian
Cc: public-wot-ig@w3.org
Betreff: Re: [TF-TD] Next web meeting

Hi everybody,

Thank you for interesting presentations and discussions!

Below are the list of attendees and meeting minutes that I've tried to record today. Unfortunately, I've not managed to record most of the answers, but I've wrote down the questions :)

Attendees:
Sebastian Kabish (SK)
Victor Charpenay (VC)
Danh Le Phuoc
Darko Anicic (DA)
joerg
Kathy Pink
Matthias Kovatsch (MK)
Simon Mayer (SM)
Maxim Kolchin

Minutes:

- Sebastian: asks whether anyone has question regarding the presentation about EXI at the last meeting
- (It seems people don't questions)

- Matthias Kovatsch: Is it possible to express some kind of rules in EXI, the same way N3 does
- SK: EXI covers oportuanity to express regexps

- Victor Charpenay (VK) presents presentation on HYDRA
- The HYDRA spec specifies an RDFS vocabulary for describing RESTful APIs
- VC: (slide 4) shows a very simple example of a REST API with corresponding HYDRA description
- SK: (slide 4) What are "expects" and "returns" fields about?
- VC: (slide 5) HYDRA is similar to Swagger, except that HYDRA uses JSON-LD instead of JSON Schema

- VC: (slide 7) in gray are application ontology elements

- VC: (slide 7) How actions can be modeled with HYDRA? There are currently two approaches...

- SK: You said HYDRA is not directly related to TDL. Can you explain it a bit?
- VC: It maybe a bridge between the other TFs
- VC: Also it makes sense to include HYDRA elements in TDL
- SK: HYDRA uses class typing, so does it use an ontology? Where "Class" does from?
- VC: Yes, they define an RDFS model. Look at (slide 3)

- SM: What kind functional description does it support?
- VC: It happens in suuportedOperations elements
- VС: You can define actions as resources. It's still comply with RESTful style

- SM: Which kind of devices have you tried?

- VC: None. But there are exsting REST api, so you can look at.

- SK: We need to go to another presentation...

- SM gives presentation on Functional Semantics for WoT Devices
- SM: How to describe devices on a higher level of semantics to optimately mush them together.

- SM: (slide 2) Our approach is to embed very explicit serrvice descriptions. What device does?

- MK replaces SM to present the rest of the slides

- SM: find links to publications at slide 22 to get more details about the approach

- SK: Why not to use it for sensor, not just for actuators?
- SM: This presentation is focus on the actuators, but in the publications you can find more information about the sensors.

- DA: In IG we discuss basic meta-models... How do you see it fits the work done by TF-AP?
(https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/TF-AP/wot-compose-recommendation/web-things-model#-links)

- joerg: How precise you can describe the pre and postconditions? How to deal with the complexity?
- SM: We want to answer the question: How much pain is to make a real system with it?
- SM: I thought the reasoners are quite "smart", but actually they have different issues...Unfortunately I don't see another way to automate the discovery of the resources/services.

- DA: What is the workflow of creating those rules?
- SM: We create them by hands and attach with the Web Linking...

- SK: I have to stop the discussion, because we don't have time anymore :)

ACTION: SK to publish some thoughts about the things that were discussed in the meeting on the wiki page.
ACTION: VC, SM or MK to send the slides to SK.

Regards,
Maxim Kolchin
PhD Student @ ITMO University (National Research University)
E-mail: kolchinmax@gmail.com