Von: Lynn, James (Fortify on Demand) [mailto:james.lynn@hp.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 5. August 2015 22:28
An: Dave Raggett; Public Web of Things IG
Betreff: RE: draft WG charter for review

Dave,

I do not think we should declare all security (or privacy) issues out of scope for the WG. As you noted in the draft, there is some uncertainty at the W3C level as to what should be done, but I do believe we can at least identify key areas of concern and known risks in deploying WoT solutions. So while we may not be able to specify recommendations for authorization and authentication mechanisms, we could, for example, we could point out that sufficient mechanisms should be in place. In such cases this may only entail a reference to some other W3C WG deliverable. I especially think we should focus on identifying security and privacy issues/concerns that are not typically treated in typical Web solutions.

I assume Oliver will have already formed an opinion on this as well.

Jim Lynn

Hewlett Packard Enterprise