Re: [TF-AP] FYI - HTTP Web Push protocol

Hi Dave,

I reviewed the webpush draft 2 weeks ago in Prague and hope to align CoAP Pub-Sub with webpush patterns and architecture as much as is practical.

Webpush has a good mapping to REST principles and some interesting reliability features, but as I recall there is not a keep-alive ping function. I believe webpush depends on existing methods for TCP (really TLS) firewall traversal.

Firewall traversal seems to be a cross layer issue of sorts, between the application and the transport. Maybe there is something in HTTP/2 that addresses this?

I haven’t seen much discussion of the firewall problem in the WoT IG. What’s the position or expectation?

Best regards,

Michael