RE: [WoT IG] F2F Agenda

Hi,

I miss the use case I sent by mail on March 26, https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2015Mar/0057.html, in the list of use case contributions.

Regarding the “Web of Things Framework: deliverable draft Working Group Charter and IG Report” under “Proposed Task Forces” at the F2F meeting wiki I am considering the following:

 *   The classical web model is client-server (with public address). How to support an architecture with “thing-to-thing”-communication?

·        Use of protocol converting hubs? For example, if a hub converts between HTTP/TLS to CoAP/DTLS then we don’t get true E2E security. Should we aim for an architecture with support for CoAP/DTLS in application servers?

·        Addressing: Role of IPv6? A goal is to use IP-addressing across different network types and give each device its own unique and global IPv6-address

·        URLs to WoT services on devices. DNS for WoT?

·        Leveraging the REST API approach for WoT services

·        Service Discovery options:

o   Proximity based with NFC, QR-codes, BLE, etc. Example: Google Physical Web <http://google.github.io/physical-web/>

o   Local network, based on UPnP, mDNS etc

o   Local and remote based on service registrations

For Security & Privacy I am considering:

·        Distributed access control, using e.g. OAuth.

BR

Claes Nilsson
Master Engineer - Web Research
Advanced Application Lab, Technology