Re: Welcome to public-wiki-dev@w3.org, Introduction

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:41:58 -0400
To: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Cc: mak@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, public-wiki-dev@w3.org

Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com> writes:
> So Markus,
>
> How do I set things up so I can, e.g. write a small OWL ontology on a
> wiki page, add some notes whether I expect it to be consistent or
> inconsistent, which, if any classes should be unsatisfiable, which
> instances should be checked to see whether they are classified as a
> specified type, etc.  and then write a sparql query to pull all this
> information out?

I'll be interested to hear the answer to this.

However we do it, I'd suggest we make heavy use of templates so that
we're not really committed to any particular way of doing it.

As a fallback, for instance, I'd like software to be able to just read
the raw page with some regexps to extract the bits.

So, something like this, looking at
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-test/byFunction#function-Restriction

{{OWLInconsistentDocument
|topic=owl:Restriction
|id=Restriction/inconsistent001
|languageLevels=Lite Full
|text=
<rdf:RDF
    xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
    xmlns:first="http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/Restriction/inconsistent001#"
    xml:base="http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/Restriction/inconsistent001" >
   <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="op"/>
   <rdf:Description rdf:ID="a">
     <rdf:type>
        <owl:Restriction>
           <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="#op"/>
           <owl:someValuesFrom rdf:resource=
     "http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#Nothing" />
        </owl:Restriction>
     </rdf:type>
   </rdf:Description>
   <rdf:Description rdf:ID="b">
     <rdf:type>
        <owl:Restriction>
           <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="#op"/>
           <owl:someValuesFrom rdf:resource=
     "http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#Nothing" />
        </owl:Restriction>
     </rdf:type>
   </rdf:Description>

</rdf:RDF>
}}

I don't know all the details -- but something like that.  See
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/ExampleTest

> We've got the semantic mediawiki extensions installed on the OWL WG
> wiki now?

It's turned off because it made the wiki too slow.  I haven't gone back
and tried to figure out why.  (The obvious clue was that it added 30
more javascript and css files to be parsed on every page display;
whether that was the real cause or not, I don't know.)

      -- Sandro