Prior Art

From: Dennis Womack <dwomack@catt.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 04:25:13 -0400
To: public-widgets-pag@w3.org
I believe prior art has existed for many years before Apple's patent
application.

Automatic update of a running program has long existed in the
industrial controls world.  There a computer is called a PLC or
Programmable Logic Controller.  These are microprocessor based
controls.  They have firmware that runs a user program and the user
program can be modified on the fly.  For example, look at the Modicon
model 484, circa 1978 or 1979.  Conceptually, I see no difference.

Thought you'd want to know.

Dennis Womack