Re: Call for participation: Online meeting on Gesture Events Standard in Web

On 22/05/2018 10:03, 刘大鹏(鹏成) wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> We are planning to organize an online meeting to discuss the proposal of
> Gesture Events in Web in the MERGING OF WEB AND MOBILE APP COMMUNITY
> GROUP[1].
>
> If you have interest to join the discussion, please provide your
> feedback of your available time on doodle:
> https://doodle.com/poll/8acwbp9598uifqgi

Could you indicate what timezone the times are in? EST? UTC?

Not forgetting about W3C Pointer Events https://w3c.github.io/pointerevents/

> Nowadays, gesture events are widely used in web. However, web developers
> can only use Touch Events to implement gesture functionalities. They may
> have to develop multiple versions of gesture events in order to adapt
> different browsers due to the lack of gesture events standard in web.
> Thus, web developers always choose to implement the gesture events by
> importing external toolkits when they start a new web project.The
> development effort of gesture functions for every single browser and
> learning cost for different API and parameters of toolkits result in low
> efficiency.
>
> To solve this issue, we propose to define a Gesture Events standard in
> W3C, the benefits are:

I'll also note that standardisation of high-level gesture events may hit
some IPR issues for certain companies (at least that has been my
experience in the past when broaching the subject).

Patrick H. Lauke