Re: Hello & a proposal

Hi Ashley,
Apologies for lapse in response, the chairs have been on vacation and are just getting back into work mode.

On July 22, 2015 at 12:47:49 PM, Ashley Gullen (ashley@scirra.com) wrote:
> Hello WICG. This sounds like an interesting idea. I'm new to writing specs
> and this sounds like a useful place to participate.
>
> I wanted to bring up a small spec I drafted up recently:
> https://www.scirra.com/labs/specs/imagedata-conversion-extensions.html
>
> I posted it to public-webapps, there was some discussion and feedback, I
> incorporated the feedback in to the spec, and then eventually discussion
> died off.

I went over the spec with folks from Mozilla's Graphics team. Mozilla's graphic team would like to see this spec move forward - they think it addresses the use cases well.

It's great to see that you corresponded already with various browser-verdors and have addressed their feedback (on the public-webapps thread). Any additional comments from Blink or Edge folks?

Next step would be for us to move the spec to the WICG repository on Github so we can start tracking changes for IPR purposes, etc. Can you please send me your Github username so we can get this set up?

We (the WICG chairs) can then help you clean up the spec, etc. and get it ready for publication and eventual migration to a working group.

WDYT?