Re: [whatwg] Accessing local files with JavaScript portably and securely

在 2017年04月18日 16:08, Anne van Kesteren 写道:
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Roger Hågensen <rh_whatwg@skuldwyrm.no> wrote:
>> Searching Google for "offline webapp discussion group" turns up
>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Offline_web_applications_workshop
>> and that's sadly from 2011.
>>
>> There is https://www.w3.org/TR/offline-webapps/
> Right, those are about making applications distributed over HTTPS work
> when the user is not connected. That idea doesn't necessitate file
> URLs and we're still working towards that ideal with Fetch, HTML, and
> Service Workers. All browsers seem on board with that general idea
> too, which is great.
Offline webapp is great, but I'd say that offline webapp is "an online
web app that can work offline temporarily",
not really a local web app. If the entity operating an offline webapp
goes out of service permanently, the webapp
will stop to work soon. This is one of the reasones why local web app is
still relevant.