Re: [whatwg] <audio> metadata

Hi Roger, hi all:

  * "_passing metadata in a stream so that a HTML webplayer can show
artist and title_" can be accomplished extracting the ID3 tags from the
file and presenting them as JSON values, for example

  * Sound.load(new URLRequest("07 - audio.mp3"));
  * Some old tricks on the issue were done in the past. here the link of
an ECMAScript derivative from the past, if it serves you as a model ID3
tags Get/Receive [6].

But, please take in consideration:

  * Not all webplayers stream music by obligation. Not all webplayers
are designed to play music.

  * Sounds: Rings and bleeps of a mobile device or a computer device.
Audio meta tags should be applicable to the webplayer ( one file vs.
multiple files ).
  *  Streaming on the web: As I noticed to this group in my last email,
in our present days there is a growing demand for streaming by
scientific communities to publish audio conferences or talks.

  * Concerning to my references WIPO et al, yes I agree , technology
should be considered neutral.

  * The only important issue to consider would be the five seconds
minimum lenght.

Cheers

---

Delfi Ramirez -- At Work

My digital signature [1]

0034 633 589231
 delfin@segonquart.net [2]

twitter: @delfinramirez [3]
 IRC: segonquart
 Skype: segonquart [4]

http://segonquart.net

http://delfiramirez.info
 [5]

On 2017-04-16 13:54, Roger Hågensen wrote:

> On 2017-04-16 03:01, Delfi Ramirez wrote:
>
>> * WIPO stands for _World Intellectual Property Organization_, and the
>> *  Meta-Data: Following the indications of the WIPO ( focusing on a
>> World Wide Web service ) that now, services like Pandora are not allowed
>> to stream ( are de facto banned ) in earth places like Africa, Europe,
>> or The East. May it be due to not meet the legal requirements.
>
> The reason for services like Pandora geoblocking is because the PROs are basically trying to carve out regions (like region blocking for DVDs and BlueRay), it's greedy and stupid. The EU is working on legislations to limit or do away with this for online stuff.
>
> Also, metadata sent to the user/listener has very little to do with royalty reporting. The reporting must be done by the webmaster at the webserver level or by the DJ at the encoding level.
> These logs are then passed independently of what the the listener see/hear.
>
> One thing that could be useful to show to the listener is a copyright hint like indicating if the stream is CC BY (Creative Commons Attribution) for example.
>
> May I also point out that this has gone very offtopic (I should probably be the last person to point this out though).
>
> WHATWG has very little to do with PROs/WIPO/Royalties/rights, a different fora should be used for that.
>
> I'd like to get back on topic and to the discussion of passing metadata in a stream so that a HTML webplayer can show artist and title (and maybe year/album if present) to the listener and have this be changed/updated when this info changes in the stream (usually at song change but can occur more often to provide special non-song messages as well).
>
> Firefox seems to support it (though I have not had the time to test it yet) but it is uncertain what formats it works on and if it works for streams at all.
>
> --
> Roger Hågensen,
> Freelancer, Norway.

Links: