Re: [whatwg] What's the element for a paragraph label?

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 10:40 AM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
> I am guessing that he'd like a consistent way to style the terms in a ‘definition of terms’ section, the acronyms in a ‘list of acronyms’ section, and so on.

>  <h>defined terms</h>
>  …
>  <h>acronyms</h>
>  …

What is this random xml? We have long had elements for exactly this purpose:

<section>
 <h2>defined terms</h2>
 …
</dl>
</section>
<section>
 <h2>acronyms</h2>
Top, figuratively meaning something excessive</dd>
 …
</dl>
</section>

(there was <acronym> too, but <abbr> is now recommended instead.