Re: [whatwg] Some Clarification on CML Proposal

On 2016-10-06 14:15, MegaZone wrote:
> How is this any different from PHP, ASP, JSP, .Net, ColdFusion, etc?  You
> could implement your CML on the backend and have it 'output'
> XML/HTML+JavaScript+CSS for delivery to user agents with compatibility with
> everything out there today.
> There are many server-side options and it really sounds like that's where
> CML would fit.  Your developers would write in CML, and the 'engine' would
> render that into the appropriate content for delivery to UAs.

Yeah! For example, I'm working on a offline CMS that actually uses
include/declaration files for all the components of a static site. The
CMS will grab all that apply templates and "render" the finished html,
PHP is actually used to power this CMS.

> Personally I don't see value in this proposal.
I have to agree, I almost feel like I'm being trolled at this point.
Unless a post or a "diagram" shows up that makes me go "Ah! Now I see!"
I'm not going to bother responding to any further posts on this subject.

--
Roger Hågensen, Freelancer, http://skuldwyrm.no/