Re: [whatwg] Opinions on window.console = "foo", and other oddities of window.console

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 21:55:48 -0500
To: Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>, "whatwg@lists.whatwg.org" <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
Cc: Paul Irish <paul.irish@gmail.com>
On 2/8/16 9:31 PM, Domenic Denicola wrote:
> and Firefox used to do this but backed it out.

Just for the record, Firefox used to do it back before we had a Web IDL
implementation of console at all.  At the time it was a giant
injected-into-the-page hack, and the particular way it was injected
happened to work the way it did.

This should not be construed as me arguing against changing the
behavior; just a note that it's not as simple as flipping a switch back
to something we already had at some point.

But I also don't think it would be super-difficult to do...  just a bit
time-consuming.  So the hard part will be finding someone with the time
to do it.

-Boris