Re: [whatwg] VIDEO and pitchAdjustment

…

> I also found:—
> https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/ios/documentation/AVFoundation/Reference/AVAudioUnitTimePitch_Class/
> ("preliminary document for an API or technology in development.”)
>

> You’ll be interested to know that the design of the Web Audio API was
> heavily influenced by the design of the OS X Core Audio library, and that is
> class you’ve found is an Objective-C wrapper around a Core Audio node.  So
> yes, this class could well be used to implement a Web Audio PitchShift node.
>
> -Jer

If a PitchShift Node can do the job, then great! But, the API should
be much more straightforward, such as with an Adapter, so we have
playbackRate and playbackSpeed, and not a long string of a.b.c().d …

On the VIDEO — separate sliders for pitch and for playback rate. One
slider for speed (playback rate) and another for pitch. The sliders
MUST NOT affect each others' behavior. Imagine you're using the video
player and the speed slider affects the pitch, but only after you've
used the pitch slider affect. Obviously no good. And that is why it
doesn't exist.

Thank you,
--
Garrett