Re: [whatwg] JavaScript Hovers and Back Button

Hi,

Unlike others on this thread I'm a little more ordinary user of the web.
Came across one such modal just today!

So thank you for reporting this.

I wish to add that this issue is a bit more annoying on mobile: both on
iPad and iPhone. I guess the behavior on Android phones too will also be
the same, but this needs validation.

Once the webpage loads, it goes into a JS invoked confirm/ok modal that
would not relent -- not without seeking credit card info or something else
to let you off the hook. The site that I saw today was somehow phishing a
*.gov url too, using serious/ even scary warnings with quotes from Federal
Law / websites... :-)

The only way out then was to delete the browser from my iPad and reinstall
it clean.

Cheers,