Re: [whatwg] VIDEO and pitchAdjustment

QuickTime supports full variable speed playback and has done for well over
a decade. With bidirectionally predicted frames you need a fair few buffers
anyway, so generalising to full variable wait is easier than posters above
claim - you need to work a GOP at a time, but memory buffering isn't the
big issue these days.
What QuickTime got right was having a ToC approach to video so being able
to seek rapidly was possible without thrashing , whereas the stream
oriented approaches we are stuck with no wean knowing which bit of the file
to read to get the previous GOP is the hard part.