Re: [whatwg] Regarding spec clarification on dispatching click event on disabled form controls

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Ramya Vadlamudi <ramya.v@samsung.com> wrote:
> Is there any specific reason to prevent click events that are queued on the
> user interaction task source only?

Presumably that's the legacy behavior.

> What should be the behavior of other events like button.dispatchEvent(new
> Event('click'))?
>
> From the results we can see IE and Firefox are not dispatching any click
> event generated to disabled elements.
>
> Please let me know the correct behavior.

I would say that both IE and Firefox are wrong. dispatchEvent() should
always work. There's nothing in the dispatchEvent() specification that
says it shouldn't for this case.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/