Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Allow disabling of default scroll restoration behavior

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 3:05 PM Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> Also, I'd recommend an option name that suggests more strongly that the
> author is expected to restore the position themselves, rather than just
> that the position shouldn't be restored. For example, calling it something
> like "willRestoreScrollPosition" (defaulting to false, meaning the UA
> should do it).

How about:
enum ScrollRestoration { 'auto', 'manual'};
defaulting to 'auto' meaning UA should do it.

I think 'manual' and 'auto' work better here. I was trying to use
'willRestoreScroll' but it is confusing as it does not convey who will
restore the scroll position. auto|manual makes this clear and the advantage
of enum is that we can add other values in future too if needed.

Majid