Re: [whatwg] Storage Standard

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 9:54 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>> More specifically, I'm proposing to remove the persistentPermission()
>> function in favor of using navigator.permissions.query({ name:
>> "persistent-storage" });
>
> Okay, I defer to e.g. these recent threads
>
>   https://github.com/w3c/push-api/issues/136
>   https://github.com/slightlyoff/BackgroundSync/issues/39
>
> where we decided to keep similar APIs.

Having both the separate permissions API as well as the APIs from the
two threads above is nuts. We should either reverse these two APIs
above, or nuke the permissions API. The fact that Google is pushing to
have both makes no sense at all to me.

Having a single consistent API makes more sense to me. A good reason
why is the recent thread about "default" vs. "prompt". Whatever we
decide that the color of the bikeshed should be, having a single API
ensures that the color is consistent.

/ Jonas