Re: [whatwg] HTML6 proposal for single-page apps without Javascript

On 3/30/2015 10:02 PM, Bobby Mozumder wrote:
> One thing I’m interested in is to see more technical discussions  > around this idea.  Like, very specific issues that show a design or
 > concept flaw.  It’s only been about 10 days since I proposed this and
 > I haven’t received much in that area.  (I did change one thing to >
split MREF from HREF based on feedback about people wanting backwards >
compatibility.)
Technical discussion is the last step of the process. The reason why
people haven't provided technical feedback is because you have failed to
motivate your proposal.

> Instead, I’m mostly getting a lot of “I’m scared!” or “Everyone  > should get a PhD in Javascript like I did!” which obviously isn’t >
going to happen. So, if there are technical faults with the proposal >
here, definitely list them.  (or preferably in the Github, where I > can
keep track of issues directly)
Attacking your detractors with ad hominems is a great way to get
yourself ignored. People aren't saying those things--they're questioning
the utility of your proposal in the first place. You take it for granted
that HTML needs a complex, SQL-based MVC framework. You take it for
granted that JS is the devil and should be avoided. You appear to take
it for granted that using JS frameworks is a problem that needs to be
solved. These views are not commonly held on this mailing list, and
you're completely ignoring the feedback which is, in effect, questioning
these assumptions.

> We need to be able to advance the web without going through  > Javascript.  It’s a mistake to assume that JS is a fundamental part
 > of the web.  The web is optimized for hypertext document processing,
 > and most people use it to read content online.  This proposal fixes a
 > remaining issue with that.
Serious question: why? What benefit does it bring? That JS is bad is not
a self-evident proposition.

tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth