Re: [whatwg] Responsive image maps

The active area in the svg is whatever the active graphical shape is, I
don't quite understand what you mean that it's unclear. The active shape
can also be styled with css based on :hover or :active rules, for example
to add an outline or to do some sort of visual highlighting.

For controlling the tab order there's the tabindex attribute (added in
svg2), which has the same behavior as in html. Tabbing through an svg
probably works best if the svg is inline in the html document. Support for
tabindex in svg is implemented in Blink and WebKit already.

--
Erik Dahlstrom, Web Technology Developer, Opera Software
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group