Re: [whatwg] Modify the Page Visibility spec to let UA's take into account whether iframes are visible on the screen

On 2015-03-31 10:16, duanyao wrote:
> "autopause" looks promising, but I want to ask for more: also add an
> "autounload" attribute to allow UAs to unload specific iframes when
> they are invisible.

This is also a good idea.

I also realized that maybe <video> and <audio> can benefit from a
autopause attribute, so that when the user tabs away or minimizes the
browser window the video or audio automatically pause.
Currently this is done using javascript and Page Visibility, but with a
autopause this would make a plain video or audio tag to do the same, but
without javascript.

It is also possible that autounload may be of use there as well, for
live streams for example and when tabbing back the player have been
reset to it starting state.
Although in this case autopause and autounload would be mutually
exclusive, if both are present (by mistake?) I think autopause should
have priority as it's less destructive (to the user) than autounload.

--
Roger Hågensen, Freelancer, http://skuldwyrm.no/