Re: [whatwg] HTML6 proposal for single-page apps without Javascript

> On Mar 30, 2015, at 9:23 AM, Jonathan Garbee <jonathan@garbee.me> wrote:
>
>> You’re making this more complicated than it needs to be. Simplify the
> problem domain.
>
> I think we can all agree, we don't want another App Cache on our hands for
> a standard. Sorry you feel an idea can be thrown out, immediately accepted
> and pushed through simply because it seems obvious. In the real world,
> things aren't always boiled down to the simplest solutions. Sometimes, we
> need to have a bit of complexity and extra overhead in setting something up
> to make sure it is robust and effective in as many situations as possible.

I expect this process to take years.  Not sure where anyone thought that it was going to be immediately accepted?

One thing I’m interested in is to see more technical discussions around this idea.  Like, very specific issues that show a design or concept flaw.  It’s only been about 10 days since I proposed this and I haven’t received much in that area.  (I did change one thing to split MREF from HREF based on feedback about people wanting backwards compatibility.)

Instead, I’m mostly getting a lot of “I’m scared!” or “Everyone should get a PhD in Javascript like I did!” which obviously isn’t going to happen. So, if there are technical faults with the proposal here, definitely list them.  (or preferably in the Github, where I can keep track of issues directly)

We need to be able to advance the web without going through Javascript.  It’s a mistake to assume that JS is a fundamental part of the web.  The web is optimized for hypertext document processing, and most people use it to read content online.  This proposal fixes a remaining issue with that.

-bobby
---
Bobby Mozumder
Editor-in-Chief