Re: [whatwg] HTML6 proposal for single-page apps without Javascript

It's sad indeed, as it seems that best practices are seldomly followed and
poor coding is the way.
However,
> some functionality ordinarily provided by JavaScript that now can be done
by HTML5, e.g. the details tag and progress tag
Actually <progress> is "native" only in its attribute definition and
default rendering. It still requires JS in order to access its @value in
write mode.
On the other hand, I suppose that complete implementation of <details> is
delayed by the fact that it's defined in terms of shadow DOM, and no real
DOM adjusting is expected for it. Not every browser is ready for this
further level of interface, probably.