Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Allow disabling of default scroll restoration behavior

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 1:22 AM, Majid Valipour <majidvp@google.com> wrote:
> My only concern is to make sure that these new methods replace
> history.pushState() and history.replaceState() in the spec. Otherwise I feel
> the benefits of a cleaner API is not worth the additional confusion of
> having different methods for doing (almost) the same thing.

Well, I doubt that they can, maybe over a very long period of time but
I wouldn't count on it. However, if MDN describes them as more capable
methods (and without the useless second argument), I doubt there will
be much confusion. Having four required arguments is no picnic either.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/