Re: [whatwg] HTML6 proposal for single-page apps without Javascript

The buzz mostly comes from throwing of "HTML6" into the title. HTML5 is a
buzzword and this creates new buzz for the "next version" to act as
click-bait for ad views. It also went viral from the mention since people
were mocking the idea of HTML6 (and the single-page app system proposed.)
As far as I know, HTML6 won't ever be an actual thing for any foreseeable
time to come. HTML5 is now the "Living Standard" of HTML and will continue
on indefinitely until it dies.

The idea is interesting yes, however it currently ends up in a sticky
situation. You are recreating custom elements using HTML only and they
aren't as expansive. Most of the conversation I have seen around this topic
(while it is little) boils down to this as to why it isn't worth having.

Your thoughts on JS Frameworks all trying to do this and failing, is why
new standards are being made to address it. These are the pieces of web
components [1]. Once full browser support exists for these JS will have
direct power over what the frameworks are doing under the hood. With the
bonus of any frameworks using the standards creating inter-compatible
components with other technologies if they do things well enough.

For right now, the proper move isn't to get rid of JS for these actions but
let browser vendors know that developers what the web component features.

-Garbee

[1] http://webcomponents.org/