Re: [whatwg] Relative URL plan

> Actually, it seems like you can, though that would equally affect data
> URLs, but maybe that's not too bad. I guess for the API we could
> special case a couple of schemes to not support reading/writing as
> desired for optimizations.

What optimizations are we talking about here, specifically?

Note that my general view for how URL objects should work internally in
Gecko is that we should have an immutable backing store and mutators
that clone-with-modifications (basically copy on write).  Of course in
terms of the web-exposed behavior we'd just have the web-exposed URL
change which internal object it points to on mutation, so we can expose
whatever mutators we want.

-Boris