Re: [whatwg] A mask="" advisory flag for <link rel=icon>

Nils,

Le 16 juin 2015 à 10:03, Nils Dagsson Moskopp <nils@dieweltistgarnichtso.net> a écrit :
> Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com> writes:
>>  These images can be tinted to better fit in with the site's theme.
>
> Please tell me where the requirement for SVG favicons with 100% black
> paths comes from. I do not understand why an SVG favicon cannot have
> proper SVG colors so there are no interoperability issues with it.

Ed, maybe, replied already I believed in the sentence above.
The mask icon is giving just a shape. So that the chosen theme of the phone can customized the color to its own choice. Be imposed by the brand of the operator, or I guess someone hacking its theme to have its own.

see for example
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9711481/icon-color-on-different-themes
I guess things like "Android theme", "icon sets", etc. would give some answers.
https://dribbble.com/search?q=+icon+sets+monochrome

It's a way for a site to provide a generic shaped icon but that will adjust its colors depending on the theme.

--
Karl Dubost 🐄
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/