Re: [whatwg] preload="metadata" elements don't necessarily fire "canplay"

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 11:13 PM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
wrote:

> If the behavior could be made interoperable for when resources are not
> a problem, that would be a good start at least. The spec can say that
> the browser should at least try to ready HAVE_ENOUGH_DATA for
> preload="auto", to rule out artificial limits if any browser has them.

If that behavior is required for Web compatibility, then we should do it.
However I also think there's value in having a preload value that preloads
aggressively on some platforms but not on others.

Rob
toD
rdsme,aoreseoouoto
lurpr