Re: [whatwg] preload="metadata" elements don't necessarily fire "canplay"

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Robert O'Callahan
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 8:51 PM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Would it solve the same practical problems if "auto" were redefined to
>> mean that the goal readyState is HAVE_ENOUGH_DATA?
>

> Probably.
>

>> Is there a reason it doesn't do this in mobile Firefox?
>

> We don't want a page with many <video preload> elements to collapse. Maybe
> we shouldn't worry about that.

I see, is this a policy that's applied even with a single <video> in a
page, or is it something like a limit on the total number of players
that can be created, or limits on how much stuff (decoders) they set
up internally? Presto actually had a limit on the number of players on
32-bit systems, as one might otherwise run out of virtual memory with
just a few hundred <video> elements...

Philip