Re: [whatwg] DOM Events Proposal: EventListenerOptions 'mayCancel' for improved scroll performance

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Rick Byers <rbyers@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:

> I agree 100% with this principle.  Changed mayCancel to default to false:
>
> https://github.com/RByers/EventListenerOptions/commit/b6ca043c9f13cea773a9338d580a0ebc24ea8140
> .
>
> This raises a related question though - is the 'mayCancel' name strong
> enough to indicate performance implications to developers?  I personally
> still kind of like the 'blocksScroll' design instead:
> https://github.com/RByers/EventListenerOptions/issues/14

I don't like making this specific to scrolling, that doesn't explain what
it really means in terms of the capabilities of the event handler. We
probably want to use this for other event types where we want to change the
time the event dispatches based on if you require the ability to cancel or
not as well.

- E