Re: [whatwg] <iframe async>

Perhaps "independent" is a better name than "async", indicating the iframe
content is independent of the main page. Browser loading UI, load events,
"fast back" and possibly performance tools would not take in to account
independent iframes, since they are explicitly marked as not important to
the working of the main page.

I think there are widespread use cases for this: ads and those social icons
(facebook, tweet etc) are all iframed, and I've seen pages look like
they're really slow because they're waiting for a Tweet button to load when
the main page was ready long ago. Performance tools is another case I bring
up because I've seen some tools say the page took say 2 seconds to load,
when the main page was really ready after 300ms and then it spent 1.7
seconds waiting for the Tweet button to finish its thing. It would be nice
if performance tools could identify the independent iframe and not include
it in such calculations.

Ashley