Re: [whatwg] Unicode -> ASCII copy/paste fallback

In this case, you can use Unicode escape values by preceding them with a
slash:

  .rarr:after { content: "\2192"; }

This is specified in the CSS 2.1 spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html#characters

Personally, I probably would've just started on StackOverflow with this
question (e.g. [1]) but no harm done.

[1]:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10393462/placing-unicode-character-in-css-content-value

Sincerely,