Re: [whatwg] Order of popstate event and scroll restoration - interop issue

On 11/08/15 15:08, Majid Valipour wrote:
> According to HTML5 spec persisted user state (scroll, scale, form values,
> etc)
> should be restored before dispatching popstate event. (See steps 9 and 14 in
> history traversal algorithm[1]).
>
> Gecko and IE follow the spec order for scroll position but in Blink and
> WebKit
> the order is reversed specifically:
> 1. 'popstate' event dispatched
> 2.  scroll position restored  (only if user has not scrolled)
> 3. 'hashchanged' event dispatched (only if hash changed)

Do you have a testcase for this? It seems like something that should be
added to the web-platform-tests repository. See [1] for details of the
test format and submission process and ask me (or #testing on w3c irc)
for help if you need it.

[1] http://testthewebforward.org/docs/