Re: [whatwg] EventSource and data URLs

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 7:37 PM, duanyao <duanyao@ustc.edu> wrote:
> In iframe, srcdoc attribute seems as secure (insecure) as data: URL in src,
> so should it be removed from the spec?

The difference there, and in the other examples that you mention, is
that you know that you are loading content in your own domain. The
problem with data: URLs is that the same API sometimes does a network
load, and sometimes parses content and runs in your security origin.

I'm happy to have a way to opt-in to enable loading data: in <iframe>s
and Workers. But I strongly prefer an explicit opt-in.

Note that the chrome team apparently currently feels that data: in
<iframe> is so unsafe that they always load it in a sandbox. And never
allow data: in Workers. There's no way to even opt in to having it
behave any other way.

/ Jonas