Re: [whatwg] Supporting feature tests of untestable features

On Thu, 09 Apr 2015 09:50:34 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> I don't disagree here. I just don't come to the conclusion that we
> should have an API to test everything under the sun. I don't mind
> changing or adding things to help feature-test things that are not
> currently testable in compliant implementations.

I also don't mind changing or adding specific things when the current
implemented landscape is not compliant, if it makes people move away from
UA sniffing and so makes it easier for the non-conforming browsers to
switch to the conforming behavior.

e.g. https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Apr/0145.html

--
Simon Pieters